Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Supreme Kai Musical Abilities Tests

So I think that anyone in this family that has any musical abilities or talents at all needs to go and take these 3 tests. They don't take very long at all. Probably 10 minutes on average. Like I said, there are 3 tests. One for pitch, one for tone, and one for rhythm. I might warn you that they can be very difficult and addicting if you are like me and want to really put your musical abilities to the test and keep getting better scores.
Have fun with them and send them to your friends that may be interested!!
go to http://www.bored.com/musictests/pitchdeaf.htm or click here
Oh! And post your scores as a comment please and thank you.
Love you all!!
Todd

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That was super fun. On many of the musical phrases I just wanted the song to continue. Here are my scores:

Pitch: At 500 Hz you can reliably differentiate two tones 4.2 Hz apart (normal). 30th percentile.
Rhythm: 68% correct. 31st percentile.
Tone: 80% correct (very good performance). .6th percentile.

I am normal at Pitch and Rhythm but at Tone I HAVE SUPREME KAI MUSICAL ABILITIES.
(If I understand percentiles, which it is highly plausible that I don't, so it could be that I am not Supreme Kai or I may not even have ninja or jedi musical abilities, however it could be that I have none whatsoever beyond: it's got a good beat and I can dance to it.)

Lynda said...

Lynda's results:

Pitch: At 500 Hz you can reliably differentiate two tones 1.2Hz apart=Very Good! 85th percentile.

Rhythm: 76.0% Correct=Very good performance! 58th percentile

Tone: 92% Correct=Exceptional performance! 0.6th percentile

Ron's results:

Pitch: At 500 Hz you can reliably differentiate two tones 5.4Hz apart=Normal! 30th percentile

Rhythm & Tone: Ron went to bed instead.

Well, I had fun! I can't speak for Ron, he was tired. Thanks Todd!

Lynda said...

Okay....I hadddd to do it againnnn, yeah, thanks Toodddd.

Pitch: .4125 Hz apart=Exceptional ear! 98.8th percentile (The percentile is the percentage of subjects who scored less than you.) Yessss, bow down to ME, you subjects!!

Rhythm: 80.0% Correct=Outstanding performance! 72nd Percentile

Tone: 88% Correct=Very good performance! 0.6th percentile

Wow! That was fun, again! Thanks again, Todd.