Saturday, June 13, 2009

hair dye, ACT testing and a Ray of Sunshine!

Last night Tausha and I "henna"ed her hair, and yep....it's Orange...

Today, I dyed mine....and it's almost black....it was supposed to be dark mahogany brown...I guess that's the same thing as almost black.

Tausha took the ACT today and she got to test in her very own room because she had an accommodation for Diabetes (being able to eat/drink during testing). After picking up Tausha, I asked her how it all went. She said that Math and English was a breeze, but she's pretty sure she completely failed the Science portion (she said she guessed on every Science question).

While Tausha was taking the ACT, Ron and I took a 3 mile walk, Ron with his Ipod, me with my G1. I have Imeem (like Pandora) on my phone and so, I put in Michael Buble and listened to some Jazz for a while. It turned out all the Jazz was a bit too slow for a fast paced 3 mile walk. So I switched to Bananarama. Yeah, that's what I needed. Soon thereafter came a song I officially haven't heard since the 80's. I think I may even have the cassette tape that this song is from. It's "Ray of Sunshine" by Wham

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5w0Oh33rD0

Move it move it, baby
Can't you see I'm ready to dance?
And I can't stop this rhythm in my heart.
Move it move it baby,
Can't you see I'm ready to dance?
Without this beat my life would fall apart.

Shuffle on your feet till the floor is hot,
Gonna make a lot of money,
Gonna break your heart.
Watch out boy, (watch out boy)
Shuffle on your feet till the floor is hot,
Gonna make a lot of money,
Gonna break your heart.

But I'm the only one with a key.
And that's me.

Sometimes,
You wake up in the morning with the bass line,
A Ray of Sunshine,
Sometimes,
You know today you're gonna have a good time,
And you're ready to go.

What a way to end an nice walk. I was ready to dance! I know, I know....I'm cheesy, but I am an 80's girl, you know. :-)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

So I'd like to know...what were your ACT snacks?

And the lighting in the picture makes both of you look like you have Tommy 2Tone hair. :)