Sunday, February 13, 2011

Brighter, Warmer, Cleaner


We rode the NYC subway to Church this morning. We had to change trains because of construction on one of the lines. I almost fell when the train started to move, even though I was holding on - because Mom fell into Collin (Mom falling again!) Using the subway was very quick to go 2 miles.

Church was in the same building as the Manhattan NY temple. Even though it looked quite different it was the same in some ways (It was long and pretty much half the time I didn't understand what they were saying). The chapel was on the third floor and the temple is on all the other floors. It was awesome having the temple in the same place the church is. And then it also felt weird walking outside the church to a busy city.

I like Uptown better than Midtown (where our hotel is). It felt good having the temple in Uptown because in Uptown it is brighter, warmer, cleaner and I didn't see anybody smoke.


Look who we saw outside the Hasbro store near Times Square.
(Uncle Bobby was jealous.) I'm pretty sure it was the original.

We saw Mary Poppins on 42nd Street in the Theater District (2nd row Mezzanine). It felt like I was watching a live TV show. My favorite parts were when the building pieces would move around - the roof moved to stage level and then up again to reveal Jane and Michael's room upstairs or the main house. When Mary Poppins flew away for the last time I thought about how scary it would be if she was outside my house.

THE END
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Lynda said...

Thanks for the updates; it's like I'm there with you. :-)